Police: NJ man charged in rape attempted suicide
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Trenton say a man charged with kidnapping a woman in New Jersey and driving to Pennsylvania to rape her tried to kill himself last week but was subdued by officers.
Authorities say John Perry III abducted the woman Wednesday from New Jersey and drove her over the Delaware River to Five Mile Woods Park in Lower Makefield Township, where he allegedly raped her at gunpoint.
Trenton police say officers responded the same day to a report of a man threatening to kill himself. They arrived to find Perry attempting to stab himself with a knife.
Perry was taken to the hospital and released into custody Thursday. He's charged in Bucks County, Pa., with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault, kidnapping, unlawful restraint and false imprisonment.
rape, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 19 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 54 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor