SPCA: 7 puppies found in Chester ready to adopt
CHESTER, Pa. - December 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Delaware County SPCA says seven puppies found in a crate on the side of the road in Chester, Pa. will go up for adoption on Saturday.
The puppies were found along Route 291 on Tuesday. They were brought to the SPCA by Good Samaritans who found the dogs.
The SPCA released a picture of the puppies posing with their rescuers along with SPCA staffers. Those Good Samaritans, however, did not want to be identified by name.
POLL: Vote for your favorite puppy!
The puppies are described as Shepherd/Lab pups, who were "sickly and underweight."
The Delaware County SPCA said the goal has been to get the puppies healthy and into homes in time for Christmas.
They will go up for adoption at noon on Saturday December 17th at the SPCA facility on Sandy Bank Road in Media. The cost will be $250 per puppy, not including taxes.
The puppies' names are: Dancer (the only female), Comet, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Buddy the Elf and Kris.
"As of now, we'll be observing their health over the next few days and as long as they are improving and putting on weight, they would neutered/spayed within the next week and then promptly placed up for adoption," SPCA Community Relations Director Justina Calgiano said Tuesday in a statement to Action News.
SPCA officials said Tuesday was also the day that another dog in the headlines, "Curious George" was going to his "forever home." Curious George was found severely malnourished back in early November. His owner later surrendered to police and was charged with animal cruelty.
pennsylvania, delaware county, animal rescue, animals, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 6 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 20 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 20 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 1 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos