FEMA: Last day for Irene, Lee assistance
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency reminded everyone in our area that Wednesday was the last day to apply for disaster assistance in the wake of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.
The storms hit over the summer leaving widespread damage, mostly from flooding.
To register for assistance for check the status of an application, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY line is 1-800-462-7585.
Help is available until 10:00 p.m. Wednesday.
You can also register online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hurricanes and tropical storms, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 2 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
25 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
52 min ago