FEMA: Last day for Irene, Lee assistance
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency reminded everyone in our area that Wednesday was the last day to apply for disaster assistance in the wake of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee.
The storms hit over the summer leaving widespread damage, mostly from flooding.
To register for assistance for check the status of an application, call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY line is 1-800-462-7585.
Help is available until 10:00 p.m. Wednesday.
You can also register online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hurricanes and tropical storms, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom