Pedestrian struck by SEPTA trolley in Upper Darby
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials and Upper Darby police are investigating an accident involving a trolley and pedestrian.
It happened on Garrett and Congress roads just before 5:00 p.m.
Officials say the 40-year-old man was hit by a trolley heading towards the 69th Street Terminal.
The man is being treated for head and chest injuries at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Trolley service was restored about an hour after the accident.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, upper darby, SEPTA, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 36 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane 31 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 26 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 24 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 23 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 13 min ago
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
36 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
26 min ago
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
31 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
24 min ago