Boy burned in transformer box accident
PORT RICHMOND - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-boy suffered severe burns after coming in contact with an electrical box.
It happened around 5:00 p.m. at Aramingo Avenue and Church Street.
PECO officials say the boy opened a privately owned transformer box and was met with 1,300 volts.
PECO says it was not one of their boxes.
The boy suffered burns to his lower back and buttocks and was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children with third degree burns.
Police say he is stable.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 28 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 4 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 10 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ