Boy burned in transformer box accident
PORT RICHMOND - December 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An 11-year-boy suffered severe burns after coming in contact with an electrical box.
It happened around 5:00 p.m. at Aramingo Avenue and Church Street.
PECO officials say the boy opened a privately owned transformer box and was met with 1,300 volts.
PECO says it was not one of their boxes.
The boy suffered burns to his lower back and buttocks and was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children with third degree burns.
Police say he is stable.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 17 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 34 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 58 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 50 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 27 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm