Man nearly killed by PATCO train in Center City
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - December 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is lucky to be alive after he was run over by a hi-speed PATCO line.
It happened at 5:00 a.m. Saturday when the train was pulling in to the 8th and Market Street stop in Center City.
Police say, the victim had been drinking and passed out when he fell between the tracks.
The train passed right over him.
He only suffered lacerations from hanging wires.
The man was taken to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
patco, accident, center city, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 18 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
14 min ago