NJ community searches for missing man
MULLICA TWP., N.J. - December 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- More than 150 police, firefighters and volunteers joined in a large scale search for a missing South Jersey man Sunday.
They combed the woods near the 500 block of Elwood Road in Mullica Township, looking for any signs of 64 year old Joseph Herbert.Herbert, who suffers from Alzheimer's, was last seen 12 days ago. His daughter says she's touched that so many people are helping in the search.
"I was surprised to see so many people who don't even know my dad," said Beverly Herbert. "They came out because the care about the community and they care about the people in it." Herbert is 6 feet tall, with a thin build, green eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a white and black flannel jacket and a gray baseball cap.
missing person, alzheimer's disease, new jersey, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1