NJ community searches for missing man
MULLICA TWP., N.J. - December 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- More than 150 police, firefighters and volunteers joined in a large scale search for a missing South Jersey man Sunday.
They combed the woods near the 500 block of Elwood Road in Mullica Township, looking for any signs of 64 year old Joseph Herbert.Herbert, who suffers from Alzheimer's, was last seen 12 days ago. His daughter says she's touched that so many people are helping in the search.
"I was surprised to see so many people who don't even know my dad," said Beverly Herbert. "They came out because the care about the community and they care about the people in it." Herbert is 6 feet tall, with a thin build, green eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a white and black flannel jacket and a gray baseball cap.
missing person, alzheimer's disease, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more