Report of gunman prompts lockdown of Philly school
FELTONVILLE - December 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The report of gunman prompted the lockdown of a school in Philadelphia's Feltonville section Tuesday afternoon.
Police say it was around 12:20 p.m. when officers were called out to the Feltonville School of Arts and Sciences, located on the 200 block of East Courtland Street.
The school was placed in lockdown because the students said that they saw a man in the cemetery near the school possibly armed.
The children reported the incident to several adults who then called police.
Police were unable to find the man.
The lockdown was later lifted around 3:30 p.m.
guns, school, feltonville, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 28 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 21 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 25 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
20 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos