Report of gunman prompts lockdown of Philly school
FELTONVILLE - December 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The report of gunman prompted the lockdown of a school in Philadelphia's Feltonville section Tuesday afternoon.
Police say it was around 12:20 p.m. when officers were called out to the Feltonville School of Arts and Sciences, located on the 200 block of East Courtland Street.
The school was placed in lockdown because the students said that they saw a man in the cemetery near the school possibly armed.
The children reported the incident to several adults who then called police.
Police were unable to find the man.
The lockdown was later lifted around 3:30 p.m.
guns, school, feltonville, philadelphia, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 57 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply