Report of gunman prompts lockdown of Philly school
FELTONVILLE - December 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The report of gunman prompted the lockdown of a school in Philadelphia's Feltonville section Tuesday afternoon.
Police say it was around 12:20 p.m. when officers were called out to the Feltonville School of Arts and Sciences, located on the 200 block of East Courtland Street.
The school was placed in lockdown because the students said that they saw a man in the cemetery near the school possibly armed.
The children reported the incident to several adults who then called police.
Police were unable to find the man.
The lockdown was later lifted around 3:30 p.m.
guns, school, feltonville, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 48 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 38 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 23 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 53 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
48 min ago