Report of gunman prompts lockdown of Philly school
FELTONVILLE - December 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The report of gunman prompted the lockdown of a school in Philadelphia's Feltonville section Tuesday afternoon.
Police say it was around 12:20 p.m. when officers were called out to the Feltonville School of Arts and Sciences, located on the 200 block of East Courtland Street.
The school was placed in lockdown because the students said that they saw a man in the cemetery near the school possibly armed.
The children reported the incident to several adults who then called police.
Police were unable to find the man.
The lockdown was later lifted around 3:30 p.m.
guns, school, feltonville, philadelphia, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 21 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 51 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 8 min ago