Pa. liquor prices could rise
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
HARRISBURG, Pa. - December 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania liquor control board is expected to vote on whether to raise prices on hundreds of products.
The vote is expected Wednesday. About four dozen wine and liquor vendors want to increase their prices by one to two dollars a bottle.
The vendors produce more than 450 items, including Grey Goose Vodka, Bailey's Irish Cream and Barefoot Cellars Wine. If the price hikes are approved, the state is poised to pocket another five million dollars a year in tax revenue.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
harrisburg, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 23 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 31 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
6abc.com News Links