Layaway Santa spreads more local good will
HOLMES, Delaware Co., Pa. - December 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Layaway Santa phenomenon tha has become wide spread across the country has happened again in the area.
This time, a woman from Darby Borough, Delaware County was the lucky recipient.
Keishana Rochester was waiting in line at the Kmart in Holmes, talking about the cost of the gifts on layaway she was trying to purchase for her three children.
That's when another customer stepped in and paid the $200 bill for her.
Rochester says she can't thank the complete stranger enough.
"The extra help counts," said Rochester. "I am so overwhelmed that this random guy, who didn't know me, did this for me and my family. "I'm blessed."
The layaway Santa also paid $100 for another customer with Rochester.
christmas, holidays, shopping, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 57 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ