Woman drives SUV into SEPTA trolley tunnel
Friday, December 23, 2011
PHILADELPHIA - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a bizarre scene in Philadelphia's University City Friday night, as a Lexus SUV was backed out of a SEPTA tunnel.
Police are still not sure why the woman drove into the eastbound trolley tunnel on 40th Street near Baltimore Avenue. She made it nearly 4 blocks inside before stopping.
It all happened just after 8:30pm Friday night. SEPTA had to suspend all underground trolley service from 40th to 13th to clear the tracks.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
SEPTA, philadelphia, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 31 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links