Woman drives SUV into SEPTA trolley tunnel
Friday, December 23, 2011
PHILADELPHIA - December 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was a bizarre scene in Philadelphia's University City Friday night, as a Lexus SUV was backed out of a SEPTA tunnel.
Police are still not sure why the woman drove into the eastbound trolley tunnel on 40th Street near Baltimore Avenue. She made it nearly 4 blocks inside before stopping.
It all happened just after 8:30pm Friday night. SEPTA had to suspend all underground trolley service from 40th to 13th to clear the tracks.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
SEPTA, philadelphia, pennsylvania, travel, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos