Man's torso found in trash bags along Poconos road
MOUNT POCONO, Pa. (AP) - December 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in northeastern Pennsylvania are investigating the discovery of a man's torso found wrapped in several black garbage bags.
Police in Monroe County say a passing motorist spotted the bags at about 2:30 p.m. Monday on Route 191 in Paradise Township.
Coroner Bob Allen says the torso was that of a man between the ages of 45 and 60 who had been dead for a couple of weeks or months.
Officials say the man's arms, legs and head are missing and may have been dumped along the road recently.
A forensic autopsy was done at Lehigh Valley Hospital and a follow-up autopsy is planned Thursday to try to determine how long the remains had been in that location.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, poconos, body found, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 44 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra