Man's torso found in trash bags along Poconos road
MOUNT POCONO, Pa. (AP) - December 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in northeastern Pennsylvania are investigating the discovery of a man's torso found wrapped in several black garbage bags.
Police in Monroe County say a passing motorist spotted the bags at about 2:30 p.m. Monday on Route 191 in Paradise Township.
Coroner Bob Allen says the torso was that of a man between the ages of 45 and 60 who had been dead for a couple of weeks or months.
Officials say the man's arms, legs and head are missing and may have been dumped along the road recently.
A forensic autopsy was done at Lehigh Valley Hospital and a follow-up autopsy is planned Thursday to try to determine how long the remains had been in that location.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, poconos, body found, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say 35 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 15 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally