Death of Pa. musician ruled as homicide
LEVITTOWN, Pa. - December 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities now say they are investigating the death of a musician found shot in his suburban Philadelphia home as a murder.
Fifty-six-year-old guitarist Daniel DeGennaro died Wednesday night at his home in Levittown, with a single gunshot wound to the chest. According to his website, he had performed with musicians including Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead and Clarence Clemons of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports prosecutors say they are investigating the death as a murder. No additional details were immediately released, but an autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
District Attorney David W. Heckler said Thursday that a man living in DeGennaro's home found the singer-songwriter moments after the shooting.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
body found, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 28 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 26 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
28 min ago