Lancaster curbs mall's use of anti-crow cannons
LANCASTER, Pa. - December 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- After getting a slew of noise complaints, officials in Lancaster have restricted the hours that a mall can use special cannons that ward off crows.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports (http://bit.ly/tudNWg ) citizens had been complaining for several weeks about the late-night booms coming from Park City Center.
Mall officials say they will comply with the order to only fire the cannons between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. The mall got out the new cannons this year after officials said the birds had begun roosting and damaging the roof of a store.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era , http://lancasteronline.com
lancaster county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 5 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 44 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 30 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 36 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply