2nd person dies after New Year's Day crash in Pa.
STEVENS, Pa. (AP) - January 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has died of injuries from a New Year's Day crash in central Pennsylvania that earlier claimed the life of a woman.
Authorities in Lancaster County say firefighters pulled the man from a sport utility vehicle following a collision with a sedan shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday on Route 272 in East Cocalico Township.
A deputy coroner pronounced the woman, 35-year-old Kelly Nagle of Denver, dead at the scene. Rescuers also freed another man and a woman from the other vehicle.
Thirty-one-year-old Michael Thavenius of Ephrata was taken to Lancaster General Hospital, where township police say he was pronounced dead at 2:43 p.m. Monday.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 12 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
13 min ago