Police: Grenade replica found at King of Prussia Mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - January 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Part of the King of Prussia Mall was evacuated after a device that appeared to be a grenade was found, but police now say there it was merely a replica and there is no danger.
Upper Merion Police and firefighters were called to The Court at King of Prussia around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after a mall worker discovered the device inside a planter or flower pot by the Eddie Bauer store.
Police say about one quarter of The Court was evacuated as a precaution.
Investigators soon discovered the replica grenade was not an explosive device and posed no danger.
However, police are still searching the rest of The Court to see if there are any other devices. They also want to know who left the original device behind.
Police say the situation is now under control and there have been no injuries.
Customers have been allowed back inside the mall.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, king of prussia, local/state
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested 19 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire 31 min ago
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos