Police: Grenade replica found at King of Prussia Mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - January 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Part of the King of Prussia Mall was evacuated after a device that appeared to be a grenade was found, but police now say there it was merely a replica and there is no danger.
Upper Merion Police and firefighters were called to The Court at King of Prussia around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after a mall worker discovered the device inside a planter or flower pot by the Eddie Bauer store.
Police say about one quarter of The Court was evacuated as a precaution.
Investigators soon discovered the replica grenade was not an explosive device and posed no danger.
However, police are still searching the rest of The Court to see if there are any other devices. They also want to know who left the original device behind.
Police say the situation is now under control and there have been no injuries.
Customers have been allowed back inside the mall.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, king of prussia, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 25 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 55 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 12 min ago