Pregnant woman injured in Overbrook crash
OVERBROOK - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pregnant woman was among two injured in a crash early Friday in Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. at the intersection of 61st Street and Lancaster Avenue.
Police say the 29-year-old male driver lost control of the SUV, swerved off the road and slammed into a utility pole - snapping it in half.
The driver was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be extricated by rescue workers.
Both he and the passenger, a 29-year-old woman who is five months pregnant, were hospitalized. Both sustained what are only described as leg injuries.
The force of the crash brought down electrical wires. PECO crews were called to the scene to make repairs.
accident, overbrook, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 49 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 45 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 40 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million