Pregnant woman injured in Overbrook crash
OVERBROOK - January 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pregnant woman was among two injured in a crash early Friday in Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The accident happened around 5:15 a.m. at the intersection of 61st Street and Lancaster Avenue.
Police say the 29-year-old male driver lost control of the SUV, swerved off the road and slammed into a utility pole - snapping it in half.
The driver was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be extricated by rescue workers.
Both he and the passenger, a 29-year-old woman who is five months pregnant, were hospitalized. Both sustained what are only described as leg injuries.
The force of the crash brought down electrical wires. PECO crews were called to the scene to make repairs.
accident, overbrook, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 22 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 52 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 50 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 55 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber