1 dead after motorcycle hit pillar in Kensington
KENSINGTON - January 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after a motorcycle crash on Front Street in Philadelphia's Kensington section.
The crash happened just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday on the 2300 block of Front Street.
Police say 53-year-old Clifford Jorden, of the 6900 block of Woodland Avenue, was thrown from the motorcycle when the bike struck a pillar supporting the EL.
He was rushed to Temple University Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
There is no word on what led Jorden to lose control of the motorcycle.
accident, motorcycles, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 36 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 9 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 19 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands