Robbery turns deadly in Tioga
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
TIOGA - January 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a robbery that ended in death in Tioga.
It happened at 11:15 p.m. Monday night at the intersection of Rising Sun Avenue and North Hutchinson Street. Police say two men, a 16-year-old and a 23-year-old, were standing on the sidewalk when they were approached by two armed men.
The suspects accosted the victims, brandished a gun and demanded money. One of the suspects, believed to be 19 or 20 years old, then shot the 23-year-old victim in the abdomen. Both suspects fled the scene in a dark colored pickup truck. A witness to the shooting drove the victim to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 1:34 a.m. Philadelphia homicide detectives are investigating the case.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
shooting, homicide, tioga, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 42 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 14 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 33 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 45 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 55 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
8 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
42 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links