Robbery turns deadly in Tioga
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
TIOGA - January 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a robbery that ended in death in Tioga.
It happened at 11:15 p.m. Monday night at the intersection of Rising Sun Avenue and North Hutchinson Street. Police say two men, a 16-year-old and a 23-year-old, were standing on the sidewalk when they were approached by two armed men.
The suspects accosted the victims, brandished a gun and demanded money. One of the suspects, believed to be 19 or 20 years old, then shot the 23-year-old victim in the abdomen. Both suspects fled the scene in a dark colored pickup truck. A witness to the shooting drove the victim to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 1:34 a.m. Philadelphia homicide detectives are investigating the case.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
shooting, homicide, tioga, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 56 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 32 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links