Pa. couple, married 6 decades, dies hours apart
HANOVER, Pa. (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Family members say a couple married for more than six decades died 12 hours apart in central Pennsylvania over the weekend.
Eighty-one-year-old Richard Trimmer had been hospitalized after a fall when his children told him Sunday that his wife of 61-years, Nancy, had died in her sleep. Richard Trimmer was dead a few hours later, succumbing to lung cancer.
The couple's daughter, Missy Smith, tells The York Dispatch that her father seemed to know what had happened the moment his children arrived to deliver the news.
Daughter-in-law Sue Trimmer tells The (Hanover) Evening Sun that the family had recently gathered with Nancy Trimmer, remembering the couple's courtship and marriage to give her comfort during her husband's illness.
Sue Trimmer says her mother-in-law didn't want to be at the home without her husband. She says "God took care of it."
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly 7 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
5 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
7 min ago