Pa. couple, married 6 decades, dies hours apart
HANOVER, Pa. (AP) - January 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Family members say a couple married for more than six decades died 12 hours apart in central Pennsylvania over the weekend.
Eighty-one-year-old Richard Trimmer had been hospitalized after a fall when his children told him Sunday that his wife of 61-years, Nancy, had died in her sleep. Richard Trimmer was dead a few hours later, succumbing to lung cancer.
The couple's daughter, Missy Smith, tells The York Dispatch that her father seemed to know what had happened the moment his children arrived to deliver the news.
Daughter-in-law Sue Trimmer tells The (Hanover) Evening Sun that the family had recently gathered with Nancy Trimmer, remembering the couple's courtship and marriage to give her comfort during her husband's illness.
Sue Trimmer says her mother-in-law didn't want to be at the home without her husband. She says "God took care of it."
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million