Fire seriously injures elderly man
Woodbury, NJ - January 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Gloucester County rushed to a burning home. They found people screaming for help on the front lawn.
The fire in Woodbury had briefly trapped the homeowner, described as a man in his seventies.
Firefighters received the first call about the blaze on the 100 block of Penn Street, around 4:30 Saturday morning.
The house was overwhelmed by flames by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
The homeowner was lying injured outside. It is unclear if he stumbled out of the home, or was rescued by neighbors.
He was rushed by ambulance to Cooper University Hospital. At last check, he is listed in serious condition.
Investigators are working to bring the fire under control. The cause of the fire has not been determined.
fire, new jersey, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man