Fire seriously injures elderly man
Woodbury, NJ - January 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Gloucester County rushed to a burning home. They found people screaming for help on the front lawn.
The fire in Woodbury had briefly trapped the homeowner, described as a man in his seventies.
Firefighters received the first call about the blaze on the 100 block of Penn Street, around 4:30 Saturday morning.
The house was overwhelmed by flames by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
The homeowner was lying injured outside. It is unclear if he stumbled out of the home, or was rescued by neighbors.
He was rushed by ambulance to Cooper University Hospital. At last check, he is listed in serious condition.
Investigators are working to bring the fire under control. The cause of the fire has not been determined.
fire, new jersey, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 38 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 58 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 7 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 1 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 10 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 13 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 31 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 13 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
58 min ago