Fire seriously injures elderly man
Woodbury, NJ - January 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Gloucester County rushed to a burning home. They found people screaming for help on the front lawn.
The fire in Woodbury had briefly trapped the homeowner, described as a man in his seventies.
Firefighters received the first call about the blaze on the 100 block of Penn Street, around 4:30 Saturday morning.
The house was overwhelmed by flames by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.
The homeowner was lying injured outside. It is unclear if he stumbled out of the home, or was rescued by neighbors.
He was rushed by ambulance to Cooper University Hospital. At last check, he is listed in serious condition.
Investigators are working to bring the fire under control. The cause of the fire has not been determined.
fire, new jersey, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 22 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 35 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep