Victims of Kelly Drive crash ID'd as woman, boy
FAIRMOUNT PARK - January 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash on Kelly Drive Monday afternoon as a woman and a boy.
Those victims are identified as 34-year-old Karen Watts of the 7100 block of Matthias Street and 15-year-old Quinn Fleming of the same address.
The crash happened shortly after 3:00 p.m. on Kelly Drive near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
A Volkswagen Jetta, driven by Watts, collided head-on with a minivan. Rescue crews cut off the roof of the Jetta in attempt to rescue Watts and Fleming, but both were already dead.
The driver of the minivan, a 68-year-old woman, remains in critical condition at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Police say Watts was speeding, which may have caused the crash.
Police and eyewitnesses say it appears the Jetta swerved into the northbound lanes and hit the minivan.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, fairmount park, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 8 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ