Victims of Kelly Drive crash ID'd as woman, boy
FAIRMOUNT PARK - January 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash on Kelly Drive Monday afternoon as a woman and a boy.
Those victims are identified as 34-year-old Karen Watts of the 7100 block of Matthias Street and 15-year-old Quinn Fleming of the same address.
The crash happened shortly after 3:00 p.m. on Kelly Drive near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
A Volkswagen Jetta, driven by Watts, collided head-on with a minivan. Rescue crews cut off the roof of the Jetta in attempt to rescue Watts and Fleming, but both were already dead.
The driver of the minivan, a 68-year-old woman, remains in critical condition at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Police say Watts was speeding, which may have caused the crash.
Police and eyewitnesses say it appears the Jetta swerved into the northbound lanes and hit the minivan.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, fairmount park, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos