Victims of Kelly Drive crash ID'd as woman, boy
FAIRMOUNT PARK - January 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the two people who were killed in a crash on Kelly Drive Monday afternoon as a woman and a boy.
Those victims are identified as 34-year-old Karen Watts of the 7100 block of Matthias Street and 15-year-old Quinn Fleming of the same address.
The crash happened shortly after 3:00 p.m. on Kelly Drive near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
A Volkswagen Jetta, driven by Watts, collided head-on with a minivan. Rescue crews cut off the roof of the Jetta in attempt to rescue Watts and Fleming, but both were already dead.
The driver of the minivan, a 68-year-old woman, remains in critical condition at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Police say Watts was speeding, which may have caused the crash.
Police and eyewitnesses say it appears the Jetta swerved into the northbound lanes and hit the minivan.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, fairmount park, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery 33 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy