Brandywine Country Club in Del. sold to developer
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A real estate developer has signed an agreement to buy the Brandywine Country Club property in Delaware.
The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., reports the 111-acre property between Concord Pike and Shipley Road is the one of the last large open spaces in Brandywine Hundred. The developer, Louis Capano III, says his company has no immediate plans for the property.
Capano says the club will lease back the property for $1 a year for three years. He did not disclose the sale price of the property.
The president of the club's board of governors did not return phone calls or emails from the newspaper seeking comment on the sale, and a board member said he had no comment.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, golf, local/state
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 26 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 8 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 1 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 47 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion