Brandywine Country Club in Del. sold to developer
BRANDYWINE HUNDRED, Del. - January 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A real estate developer has signed an agreement to buy the Brandywine Country Club property in Delaware.
The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., reports the 111-acre property between Concord Pike and Shipley Road is the one of the last large open spaces in Brandywine Hundred. The developer, Louis Capano III, says his company has no immediate plans for the property.
Capano says the club will lease back the property for $1 a year for three years. He did not disclose the sale price of the property.
The president of the club's board of governors did not return phone calls or emails from the newspaper seeking comment on the sale, and a board member said he had no comment.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, golf, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 19 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 22 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police