Suspected trespasser falls in trench
Thursday, January 19, 2012
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are questioning several men for trespassing.
One of the men had to be rescued after he fell into a 15-foot trench. It happened at the old Atlantic City Electric headquarters on the Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township around 1 a.m. Thursday.
Police believe the men may have broken into the facility to steal copper. The man who fell into the trench was flown to the hospital with two broken ankles. So far, police haven't filed any charges.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
rescue, new jersey, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 51 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 27 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 58 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
6abc.com News Links