Fire leads to child porn charges for well known architect
EAGLESWOOD TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York architecture professor charged with child endangerment after firefighters found child pornography in his burning home isn't talking.
Seventy-six-year-old Gamal El-Zoghby refused to discuss the case when reached Thursday by The Associated Press. He referred all questions to a lawyer who was out of the office.
State police say firefighters in Eagleswood Township found a single magazine from the 1970s with pornographic images of pre-pubescent girls while fighting the fire.
State Police spokesman Christopher Kay says firefighters were pulling sheet rock from the walls when the magazine fell from the ceiling.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
El-Zoghby is listed as a professor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N.Y.
He built the house in the late 1990s.
fire, child porn, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 40 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition