Fire leads to child porn charges for well known architect
EAGLESWOOD TWP., N.J. - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New York architecture professor charged with child endangerment after firefighters found child pornography in his burning home isn't talking.
Seventy-six-year-old Gamal El-Zoghby refused to discuss the case when reached Thursday by The Associated Press. He referred all questions to a lawyer who was out of the office.
State police say firefighters in Eagleswood Township found a single magazine from the 1970s with pornographic images of pre-pubescent girls while fighting the fire.
State Police spokesman Christopher Kay says firefighters were pulling sheet rock from the walls when the magazine fell from the ceiling.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
El-Zoghby is listed as a professor at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N.Y.
He built the house in the late 1990s.
fire, child porn, ocean county, new jersey, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 16 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 13 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 11 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 7 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 12 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
11 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
13 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
16 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
9 min ago