Victim of deadly Cherry Hill dump truck crash identified
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the woman killed in Thursday's crash involving a dump truck and an SUV.
Cherry Hill Police say 57-year-old Gail Walsh of Cinnaminson was killed when the dump truck driven by 40-year-old Ezequiel Rivera of Camden tipped over onto her SUV.
It happened just before noon Thursday.
The dump truck was travelling westbound on Haddonfield-Berlin Road, approaching the intersection of Morris Drive.
Police say another vehicle was turning left out through the intersection when it came into the path of the dump truck.
The truck swerved and, police believe, its load of sand shifted. The truck then rolled over on top of Walsh's Lexus SUV that was stopped at the intersection.
It took emergency responders several hours to even get inside the vehicle to see how many victims were inside.
No other injuries were reported.
The name of the person driving the vehicle that the dump truck swerved to avoid has not been released, pending the final outcome of the investigation.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this accident to contact the Cherry Hill Police Department Traffic Unit at 856-488-7820.
new jersey, cherry hill, camden county, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 58 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 5 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act