Woman rescued from Tioga-Nicetown house fire
TIOGA - January 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was hospitalized after crews rescued her from an early morning house fire in the Nicetown-Tioga section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday morning on the 3600 block of North Sydenham Street.
Firefighters arrived quickly and found flames shooting from the first floor and heavy smoke pouring from the second floor.
The blaze was brought under control in approximately 30 minutes.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital. No word on her condition.
Authorities are still unsure what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, tioga, nicetown, fire, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 24 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 9 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 29 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
24 min ago