UPS mechanic crushed by truck in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mechanic at a UPS facility in South Philadelphia was crushed after a lift gave way, dropping a truck down onto his body.
The accident happened around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the UPS facility located on E Oregon Avenue.
According to police, the mechanic was working under a truck making repairs when the lift gave way. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's identity has not been released, but co-workers say he was a long-time employee in his 50's.
Philadelphia police say the investigation is ongoing. OSHA was called to the scene to investigate the accident.
collapse, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 30 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more