Pedestrian killed on Roosevelt Blvd. in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was struck and killed by a car Friday morning on the Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident happened just before 6:00 a.m. at the intersection of the Boulevard and Welsh Road.
Police say the woman was crossing west to east against the light when she was struck. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the striking vehicle stopped nearby the scene.
Police are investigating.
northeast philadelphia, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 51 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 50 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 27 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
50 min ago