NJ man found dead after a year
WAYNE, N.J. - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say no one had noticed for more than a year that a northern New Jersey man had died even as the mail piled up and bills went unpaid.
Officers found Donald Domsky's body inside his Wayne home on Jan. 20 after a neighbor who missed seeing him on his morning walks had asked police to check on him.
Authorities say Domsky died of natural causes in December 2010. He would have turned 80 in August.
They tell The Record newspaper no one noticed even though he stopped showing up at a diner where he was a regular, his lawn became so overgrown that neighbors complained to the town, mail piled up and an investor bought a lien on his house after his bills went unpaid.
Information from: The Record, http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, body found, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 21 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
12 min ago