NJ man found dead after a year
WAYNE, N.J. - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say no one had noticed for more than a year that a northern New Jersey man had died even as the mail piled up and bills went unpaid.
Officers found Donald Domsky's body inside his Wayne home on Jan. 20 after a neighbor who missed seeing him on his morning walks had asked police to check on him.
Authorities say Domsky died of natural causes in December 2010. He would have turned 80 in August.
They tell The Record newspaper no one noticed even though he stopped showing up at a diner where he was a regular, his lawn became so overgrown that neighbors complained to the town, mail piled up and an investor bought a lien on his house after his bills went unpaid.
Information from: The Record, http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey, body found, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 50 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 51 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose