Woman rescued from Chester Co. creek
PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. - January 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A walk along the Schuylkill Trail turned into a frightening ordeal for woman in Chester County.
Police say the woman was walking on the trail along the French Creek during Friday morning's rain storm when part of the trail gave way. The woman slid down an embankment and into the creek.
It happened behind Tague Lumber Building Materials in the 400 block of Bridge Street in Phoenixville.
Someone called rescue crews. When they arrived at the scene, they found the woman hanging onto a tree branch, standing in knee-deep water in the creek.
Crews helped her to safety.
She was taken to Phoenixville Hospital where she was evaluated, then sent home.
pennsylvania, water rescue, chester county, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire