Coast Guard medevacs man from boat off NJ
CAPE MAY, N.J. - January 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard was called on to medevac a man from a fishing boat in the waters off New Jersey.
A crewmember from the fishing vessel Debbie Sue alerted the Coast Guard around 9:45 a.m. Saturday that a 61-year-old man on board was experiencing chest pains.
The vessel was 75 miles off the coast at the time.
A Coast Guard helicopter was dispatched and, once on the scene, hoisted the man onboard.
He was then flown to AtlantiCare in Pomona for treatment.
There was no further word on the man's identity or condition.
new jersey, cape may county, coast guard, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 1 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 43 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
43 min ago