Police ID victims killed in Fishtown crash
FISHTOWN - January 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have released the names of the driver and passenger killed when their vehicle struck a utility pole in Fishtown early Sunday morning.
Annette Nash and Daniel Cordero - both 45-years-old - were killed in the crash.
It happened around 3:45 Sunday morning at the intersection of Girard Avenue and Richmond Street.
Police say Nash - the driver of a pick-up truck - lost control of her car before striking the utility pole.
The woman and her two passengers were trapped inside, but firefighters were able to free them.
All three victims were taken to Hahnemann Hospital, where Nash and Cordero were pronounced dead.
The surviving passenger - a woman in her 40s - was listed in stable condition.
Police say the victims were returning home from work at the time of the accident.
The crash remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, fishtown, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 57 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 36 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 51 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases