Families forced out by neighboring fire
PARKSIDE - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving fire forced several people from their homes in Philadelphia.
The flames started around 2 a.m. Tuesday on the 500 block of North Paxon Street in the city's Parkside section.
Smoke and flames were reported in a second-floor bedroom.
Firefighters had the situation under control quickly.
No injuries were reported.
The house was unoccupied, but neighboring homes had to be evacuated.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the fire marshal.
fire, parkside, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)