Families forced out by neighboring fire
PARKSIDE - January 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A fast-moving fire forced several people from their homes in Philadelphia.
The flames started around 2 a.m. Tuesday on the 500 block of North Paxon Street in the city's Parkside section.
Smoke and flames were reported in a second-floor bedroom.
Firefighters had the situation under control quickly.
No injuries were reported.
The house was unoccupied, but neighboring homes had to be evacuated.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the fire marshal.
fire, parkside, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids 21 min ago
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites 35 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old?