Police say speed is to blame for I-76 wreck
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say speed is to blame for a crash that left a driver injured along the Schuylkill Expressway.
The accident happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday on the ramp to Passyunk Avenue near the 26th Street split in South Philadelphia.
The driver lost control of the vehicle, swerved off the highway and crashed into a tree lined area.
The driver was taken to the hospital where he was admitted in stable condition having suffered only cuts and abrasions.
There is no word on charges at this time.
accident, south philadelphia, schuylkill expressway, pennsylvania, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish