Police say speed is to blame for I-76 wreck
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say speed is to blame for a crash that left a driver injured along the Schuylkill Expressway.
The accident happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday on the ramp to Passyunk Avenue near the 26th Street split in South Philadelphia.
The driver lost control of the vehicle, swerved off the highway and crashed into a tree lined area.
The driver was taken to the hospital where he was admitted in stable condition having suffered only cuts and abrasions.
There is no word on charges at this time.
accident, south philadelphia, schuylkill expressway, pennsylvania, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 35 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 22 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 27 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos