Police rescue NJ man from burning car
BARNEGAT, N.J. - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two police officers in southern New Jersey rescued a man from his burning car that was caught on tape by a police car dashboard camera.
The 90-second video shows Officers Lauren Keilitz and Michael Diblasi sprint toward the 2005 BMW 745 as flames engulfed the car in the driveway of a home in Barnegat Monday night.
Lt. Keith Germain tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/wwZ5pO ) Keilitz opened the rear passenger door and saw Mario Dischiavi, who was "incapacitated," in the driver's seat.
Germain says Keilitz was able to open the driver's door "despite overwhelming heat and flames" and drag the 57-year-old to safety. Th
e driver was treated for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is under investigation. ___ Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, fire, rescue, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 59 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 26 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 11 min ago
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 6 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
6 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
26 min ago