Police rescue NJ man from burning car
BARNEGAT, N.J. - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two police officers in southern New Jersey rescued a man from his burning car that was caught on tape by a police car dashboard camera.
The 90-second video shows Officers Lauren Keilitz and Michael Diblasi sprint toward the 2005 BMW 745 as flames engulfed the car in the driveway of a home in Barnegat Monday night.
Lt. Keith Germain tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/wwZ5pO ) Keilitz opened the rear passenger door and saw Mario Dischiavi, who was "incapacitated," in the driver's seat.
Germain says Keilitz was able to open the driver's door "despite overwhelming heat and flames" and drag the 57-year-old to safety. Th
e driver was treated for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is under investigation. ___ Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, fire, rescue, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 29 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show