Police rescue NJ man from burning car
BARNEGAT, N.J. - February 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two police officers in southern New Jersey rescued a man from his burning car that was caught on tape by a police car dashboard camera.
The 90-second video shows Officers Lauren Keilitz and Michael Diblasi sprint toward the 2005 BMW 745 as flames engulfed the car in the driveway of a home in Barnegat Monday night.
Lt. Keith Germain tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/wwZ5pO ) Keilitz opened the rear passenger door and saw Mario Dischiavi, who was "incapacitated," in the driver's seat.
Germain says Keilitz was able to open the driver's door "despite overwhelming heat and flames" and drag the 57-year-old to safety. Th
e driver was treated for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is under investigation. ___ Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, fire, rescue, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies