Arsonist torches cars in Delaware County
ASTON TWP., Pa. - February 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Someone set fire to several vehicles in Aston, Delaware County overnight.
Police and fire investigators were on the scene for several hours. They do believe this fire was intentionally set. They think that someone torched one of the vehicles and that flames quickly spread to nearby cars.
Authorities were called around 2:45 a.m. to the 200 block of Derry Drive in Aston Township. They arrived to find a white van completely torched. Flames spread to cars on both sides of the van. The tires were slashed on a fourth vehicle nearby.
The van was loaded onto a flatbed truck and taken to a secure location to be examined for evidence.
Neighbor Andrew Gitner tells us, "I came home the other night, the car had four slashed tires. It was another car, apparently, that had its tires slashed that was in the lower end of the parking lot. For my own insurance reasons I went over and asked the guy if there were any personal issues here. And he said, 'Yes. It was vandalism.'"
The fire marshal was on the scene this morning. The investigation continues.
Police say there were no injuries as a result of this fire.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, arson, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 48 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 29 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
29 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
48 min ago