Arsonist torches cars in Delaware County
ASTON TWP., Pa. - February 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Someone set fire to several vehicles in Aston, Delaware County overnight.
Police and fire investigators were on the scene for several hours. They do believe this fire was intentionally set. They think that someone torched one of the vehicles and that flames quickly spread to nearby cars.
Authorities were called around 2:45 a.m. to the 200 block of Derry Drive in Aston Township. They arrived to find a white van completely torched. Flames spread to cars on both sides of the van. The tires were slashed on a fourth vehicle nearby.
The van was loaded onto a flatbed truck and taken to a secure location to be examined for evidence.
Neighbor Andrew Gitner tells us, "I came home the other night, the car had four slashed tires. It was another car, apparently, that had its tires slashed that was in the lower end of the parking lot. For my own insurance reasons I went over and asked the guy if there were any personal issues here. And he said, 'Yes. It was vandalism.'"
The fire marshal was on the scene this morning. The investigation continues.
Police say there were no injuries as a result of this fire.
fire, delaware county, pennsylvania, arson, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 38 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 26 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 27 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 31 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
24 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
9 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
17 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
27 min ago