Driver killed in 3-car crash in Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) - February 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are identifying a driver who died in a serious three-car crash in Rehoboth Beach.
Police say 30-year-old John Haldeman of Lewes was killed Friday night in the crash on southbound Route 1. Investigators say Haldeman's Chevrolet Astro van crossed over the two left turn lanes and over a concrete median for an unknown reason. His van then struck an Acura.
Police say the force of the first crash caused the Acura to strike a Dodge Caravan. Photographs show the vehicles were severely damaged.
Two other drivers were extricated from vehicles and flown to a hospital with undetermined injuries.
The road was closed in both directions for about four hours after the crash at 9 p.m. It was reopened hours later in the early morning hours Saturday.
delaware, sussex county, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 21 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
58 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
40 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos