Driver killed in 3-car crash in Rehoboth Beach
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. (AP) - February 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are identifying a driver who died in a serious three-car crash in Rehoboth Beach.
Police say 30-year-old John Haldeman of Lewes was killed Friday night in the crash on southbound Route 1. Investigators say Haldeman's Chevrolet Astro van crossed over the two left turn lanes and over a concrete median for an unknown reason. His van then struck an Acura.
Police say the force of the first crash caused the Acura to strike a Dodge Caravan. Photographs show the vehicles were severely damaged.
Two other drivers were extricated from vehicles and flown to a hospital with undetermined injuries.
The road was closed in both directions for about four hours after the crash at 9 p.m. It was reopened hours later in the early morning hours Saturday.
delaware, sussex county, accident, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 15 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 16 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos