Minivan crashes into Rhawnhurst beauty salon
RHAWNHURST - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A minivan came to rest inside a Philadelphia beauty salon after a crash on Wednesday morning.
It happened in the 7600 block of Castor Avenue in the Rhawnhurst section around 11:45 a.m.
Police say a 67-year-old woman with a 90-year-old female passenger lost control and drove into the salon, injuring a woman inside of the salon. The driver and the passenger were uninjured.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed the entire van inside the salon with a number of police and firefighters on the scene.
L&I has been dispatched to check the stability of the structure.
Police are investigating how this crash occurred.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run