Teacher struck by car on way to school
PARKSIDE - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teacher was struck by a car while walking to work Thursday morning in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
The incident happened just before 7:30 a.m. on the 4600 block of Girard Avenue.
Police say the teacher was hit about a block away from the school, near a gas station. After being struck, the teacher continued on to the school where she reported the incident and was evaluated.
She suffered a leg injury and was taken by car to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania to be checked out. Her injuries were not serious.
It's not clear if the striking vehicle stopped. Police are investigating.
pedestrian struck, accident, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 29 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 32 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball