Teacher struck by car on way to school
PARKSIDE - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A teacher was struck by a car while walking to work Thursday morning in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
The incident happened just before 7:30 a.m. on the 4600 block of Girard Avenue.
Police say the teacher was hit about a block away from the school, near a gas station. After being struck, the teacher continued on to the school where she reported the incident and was evaluated.
She suffered a leg injury and was taken by car to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania to be checked out. Her injuries were not serious.
It's not clear if the striking vehicle stopped. Police are investigating.
pedestrian struck, accident, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 21 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 49 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose