Jersey City clears 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's second largest city is rolling out the welcome mat for the women of the "Jersey Shore."
Jersey City has issued producers a permit to film a spinoff of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.
Nearby Hoboken last week denied the permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.
City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill says the cast and crew must obey all laws and the production company will be required to hire police to reduce any impact on the public.
snooki, new jersey, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 42 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 18 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 15 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 21 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 5 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
8 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos