Jersey City clears 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's second largest city is rolling out the welcome mat for the women of the "Jersey Shore."
Jersey City has issued producers a permit to film a spinoff of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.
Nearby Hoboken last week denied the permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.
City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill says the cast and crew must obey all laws and the production company will be required to hire police to reduce any impact on the public.
snooki, new jersey, local/state
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 10 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos