Univ. of Sciences dorm evacuated for carbon monoxide
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A dorm at the University of the Sciences in Southwest Philadelphia was evacuated on Thursday morning after a worker was sickened by carbon monoxide.
The fire department was called to the dorm on the 700 block of South 42nd Street around 10:00 a.m.
Rescuers say they found high levels of CO in the dish room.
Some 200 people were evacuated while firefighters evacuated the building.
Rescuers say one adult male needed to be taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos