Univ. of Sciences dorm evacuated for carbon monoxide
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A dorm at the University of the Sciences in Southwest Philadelphia was evacuated on Thursday morning after a worker was sickened by carbon monoxide.
The fire department was called to the dorm on the 700 block of South 42nd Street around 10:00 a.m.
Rescuers say they found high levels of CO in the dish room.
Some 200 people were evacuated while firefighters evacuated the building.
Rescuers say one adult male needed to be taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half