Univ. of Sciences dorm evacuated for carbon monoxide
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A dorm at the University of the Sciences in Southwest Philadelphia was evacuated on Thursday morning after a worker was sickened by carbon monoxide.
The fire department was called to the dorm on the 700 block of South 42nd Street around 10:00 a.m.
Rescuers say they found high levels of CO in the dish room.
Some 200 people were evacuated while firefighters evacuated the building.
Rescuers say one adult male needed to be taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police