Scene cleared in Atlantic City after gas main break
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A half-dozen homes were evacuated in Atlantic City after a gas main break on Thursday morning.
Authorities say it all began around 10:55 a.m. when a private contractor struck a gas line near the intersection of Melrose Avenue and North Connecticut Avenue.
The homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Authorities on the scene did not know the size of the main break, but said the scene was cleared in about an hour.
new jersey, atlantic city, gas leak, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 30 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 54 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ