Homes evacuated due to gas main break in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews worked to repair a gas main break in Northeast Philadelphia Thursday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the 3000 block of Mechanicsville Road.
Officials say a one-inch gas main was ruptured by a construction worker.
There are no reports of injuries.
Four homes were evacuated.
The incident was placed under control by 4:00 p.m.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northeast philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 35 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 22 min ago