Homes evacuated due to gas main break in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews worked to repair a gas main break in Northeast Philadelphia Thursday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the 3000 block of Mechanicsville Road.
Officials say a one-inch gas main was ruptured by a construction worker.
There are no reports of injuries.
Four homes were evacuated.
The incident was placed under control by 4:00 p.m.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, northeast philadelphia, gas leak, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 13 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 8 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 17 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 1 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 7 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 47 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 37 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
13 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
17 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
1 min ago