5 senior couples reaffirm their love
HATBORO, Pa. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Love was in the air at an assisted Living facility in Upper Moreland, Bucks County Thursday, where, not one, but five couples renewed their wedding vows.
It was a day like no other at the Wesley Enhanced Living Center in Hatborto. Five men and 5 women re-affirmed their marriage covenant.
The five couples at the Wesley Enhanced Living Center in Hatboro rededicated themselves to one another on Thursday.
Gordon and Trudy Eaton have been married the longest, having tied the knot 64 years ago. How did they make it work?
"You don't think about yesterday or tomorrow," said Gordon Eaton. "It's today that counts."
Jerry and Paulina Moore met in Texas and wed 57 years ago. They are proof that short engagements do last.
"Eight days later, we were engaged," said Jerry.
"The first time I saw him, I said, 'He's mine, I'm taking him home with me'," said Paulina.
Ornay and Jeannette Placek are celebrating 52 years of wedded bliss.
"Kindness and consideration," said Jeannette.
Janet and Richard Palmerchuck are marking their Golden anniversary.
When asked where other couples go wrong when their marriages don't last, the Palmerchucks said, "They don't have dedication. It's just too easy to get unmarried."
Bernard and Alice Black, the newlyweds of the group, have been married for only 12 years after meeting on line! He was 73, and she was 71.
"Of course I fell in love with his accent," said Alice. "I had no idea he was English."
And so they committed themselves to each other once again Thursday afternoon.
"To have and to hold; to love and to cherish, till we are parted by death," the couples affirmed.
There were songs, tears, memories, and of course wedding cake, and lots and lots of love.
weddings, pennsylvania, valentine's day, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 15 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
12 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
15 min ago