5 senior couples reaffirm their love
HATBORO, Pa. - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Love was in the air at an assisted Living facility in Upper Moreland, Bucks County Thursday, where, not one, but five couples renewed their wedding vows.
It was a day like no other at the Wesley Enhanced Living Center in Hatborto. Five men and 5 women re-affirmed their marriage covenant.
The five couples at the Wesley Enhanced Living Center in Hatboro rededicated themselves to one another on Thursday.
Gordon and Trudy Eaton have been married the longest, having tied the knot 64 years ago. How did they make it work?
"You don't think about yesterday or tomorrow," said Gordon Eaton. "It's today that counts."
Jerry and Paulina Moore met in Texas and wed 57 years ago. They are proof that short engagements do last.
"Eight days later, we were engaged," said Jerry.
"The first time I saw him, I said, 'He's mine, I'm taking him home with me'," said Paulina.
Ornay and Jeannette Placek are celebrating 52 years of wedded bliss.
"Kindness and consideration," said Jeannette.
Janet and Richard Palmerchuck are marking their Golden anniversary.
When asked where other couples go wrong when their marriages don't last, the Palmerchucks said, "They don't have dedication. It's just too easy to get unmarried."
Bernard and Alice Black, the newlyweds of the group, have been married for only 12 years after meeting on line! He was 73, and she was 71.
"Of course I fell in love with his accent," said Alice. "I had no idea he was English."
And so they committed themselves to each other once again Thursday afternoon.
"To have and to hold; to love and to cherish, till we are parted by death," the couples affirmed.
There were songs, tears, memories, and of course wedding cake, and lots and lots of love.
weddings, pennsylvania, valentine's day, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 42 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 18 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
42 min ago