Police: 2 killed, 4 hurt in Ocean County crash
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) - February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were killed and four other people were injured in a four-car crash on a southern New Jersey highway this weekend.
Lakewood police say 20-year-old Enrique Bravo-SanataMaria of Lakewood was westbound on Cedar Bridge Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle around 3 p.m. Saturday.
The car went into the oncoming lane and collided with two other vehicles, while a third car went off the roadway to avoid the collisions and struck several small trees.
Bravo-SanataMaria and his 19-year-old passenger, Giancarlo Miranda of Brick, were killed in the crash.
Two of the other drivers suffered minor injuries. But a husband and wife in the third vehicle were both being treated at a hospital for injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
new jersey, ocean county, accident, local/state
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose