Police: 2 killed, 4 hurt in Ocean County crash
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (AP) - February 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were killed and four other people were injured in a four-car crash on a southern New Jersey highway this weekend.
Lakewood police say 20-year-old Enrique Bravo-SanataMaria of Lakewood was westbound on Cedar Bridge Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle around 3 p.m. Saturday.
The car went into the oncoming lane and collided with two other vehicles, while a third car went off the roadway to avoid the collisions and struck several small trees.
Bravo-SanataMaria and his 19-year-old passenger, Giancarlo Miranda of Brick, were killed in the crash.
Two of the other drivers suffered minor injuries. But a husband and wife in the third vehicle were both being treated at a hospital for injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
new jersey, ocean county, accident, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos