NJ brides brave snow for big bargains on gowns
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some brides-to-be in Pennsauken are not letting the winter weather snow on their parade while they hunt for the perfect gown.
A happy crowd gathered Saturday in the cold and snow along Route 70 outside the Goodwill store for their 4th Annual Valentine's Day Bridal Sale.
"I've been here since 3:00 a.m. to get my dream dress," said Tara Clayton.
Clayton arrived early to claim the first spot in line.
Many other brides-to-be soon followed, all with the same goal of nabbing a great deal on a designer gown.
Hundreds of wedding and bridal party dresses will be on sale starting at deeply discounted prices like $99 for those that are new and $49 for gently used ones.
Top name designers include Bellisimo Couture, Alfred Angelo, Demetrios and Maggie Sottero.
Tuxedos, shoes, veils and other bridal accessories are also on sale.
Kia and Michael Abanyie will be renewing their vows after 10 years of bliss and 4 sons."It has been 10 awesome and wonderful blessed years," said Kia. "I wish I could say that," said Michael jokingly. To avoid a chaotic scene, the store would only letting 10 customers in at a time. One great-grandmother was shopping for a dress to renew her vows after 50 years; that's a half century of marriage. There were many wide-eyed younger women getting ready to walk down the aisle for the first time. "October of 2013, is my wedding day," said Tara Senner, who was getting an early start. "I got a gown for very cheap, $299 by designer Alfred Angelo. "September 2nd of this year," said Kaesha Taylor. "I'm very excited." Beyond the extraordinary savings, shoppers will help support a worthy cause.
Proceeds from the sale benefit Goodwill's job training programs and career services that prepare individuals with disabilities for employment in the community.
"The money goes to all Goodwill job training programs, so as much as this is bargain for brides, it is a fundraiser for Goodwill," said Julie Lundberg.The sale runs Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
new jersey, camden county, weddings, shopping, snow, local/state, vernon odom
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 53 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
23 min ago