NJ brides brave snow for big bargains on gowns
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some brides-to-be in Pennsauken are not letting the winter weather snow on their parade while they hunt for the perfect gown.
A happy crowd gathered Saturday in the cold and snow along Route 70 outside the Goodwill store for their 4th Annual Valentine's Day Bridal Sale.
"I've been here since 3:00 a.m. to get my dream dress," said Tara Clayton.
Clayton arrived early to claim the first spot in line.
Many other brides-to-be soon followed, all with the same goal of nabbing a great deal on a designer gown.
Hundreds of wedding and bridal party dresses will be on sale starting at deeply discounted prices like $99 for those that are new and $49 for gently used ones.
Top name designers include Bellisimo Couture, Alfred Angelo, Demetrios and Maggie Sottero.
Tuxedos, shoes, veils and other bridal accessories are also on sale.
Kia and Michael Abanyie will be renewing their vows after 10 years of bliss and 4 sons."It has been 10 awesome and wonderful blessed years," said Kia. "I wish I could say that," said Michael jokingly. To avoid a chaotic scene, the store would only letting 10 customers in at a time. One great-grandmother was shopping for a dress to renew her vows after 50 years; that's a half century of marriage. There were many wide-eyed younger women getting ready to walk down the aisle for the first time. "October of 2013, is my wedding day," said Tara Senner, who was getting an early start. "I got a gown for very cheap, $299 by designer Alfred Angelo. "September 2nd of this year," said Kaesha Taylor. "I'm very excited." Beyond the extraordinary savings, shoppers will help support a worthy cause.
Proceeds from the sale benefit Goodwill's job training programs and career services that prepare individuals with disabilities for employment in the community.
"The money goes to all Goodwill job training programs, so as much as this is bargain for brides, it is a fundraiser for Goodwill," said Julie Lundberg.The sale runs Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
new jersey, camden county, weddings, shopping, snow, local/state, vernon odom
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 25 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
33 min ago