Same-sex marriage vote in New Jersey
TRENTON, N.J. - February 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey State Senate is expected to vote on a bill Monday that would legalize same-sex marriage.
The state assembly will then take up the issue on Thursday.
Democratic lawmakers believe they have enough votes to pass a bill.
However, Governor Christie has vowed to veto such a measure if it reaches his desk.
Christie has proposed bringing the issue directly to the voters instead, in a statewide referendum.
gay marriage, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 3 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 24 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
3 min ago