Memorial service set for Paterno in Harrisburg
HARRISBURG, Pa. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State football coach Joe Paterno will be remembered at a memorial service arranged by Harrisburg-area alumni.
The late coach's son Scott is scheduled to speak on behalf of the family at Wednesday afternoon's memorial at the Cathedral Parish of Saint Patrick in Harrisburg.
Former Penn State players are also expected to attend.
Paterno died last month after a brief battle with lung cancer. He had been fired in November following child-sex abuse charges filed against former assistant Jerry Sandusky.
Thousands attended a public memorial for the 85-year-old coach at Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center following his burial.
pennsylvania, pennsylvania state university, penn state, joe paterno, cancer, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos