New Castle County Police to auction jewelry, items
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police say they plan to auction off bicycles, jewelry, cameras, tools and other items they have collected and whose ownership cannot be determined.
Police Chief Col. W. Scott McLaren said in a statement Tuesday that the auction will be held on Feb. 25 in Hockessin. He says people who filed a report with police but never had stolen or missing property returned are urged to view the items scheduled for auction during a preview scheduled for Feb. 24.
He adds that any items will immediately be removed from the planned auction if those who show up the day before can identify the property and provide a police case number. But he says police would need to verify ownership before handing over any items.
police, wilmington, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands