New Castle County Police to auction jewelry, items
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police say they plan to auction off bicycles, jewelry, cameras, tools and other items they have collected and whose ownership cannot be determined.
Police Chief Col. W. Scott McLaren said in a statement Tuesday that the auction will be held on Feb. 25 in Hockessin. He says people who filed a report with police but never had stolen or missing property returned are urged to view the items scheduled for auction during a preview scheduled for Feb. 24.
He adds that any items will immediately be removed from the planned auction if those who show up the day before can identify the property and provide a police case number. But he says police would need to verify ownership before handing over any items.
police, wilmington, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Big fire burning beach homes in Sea Isle City 3 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City 10 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 5 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
3 min ago