New Castle County Police to auction jewelry, items
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police say they plan to auction off bicycles, jewelry, cameras, tools and other items they have collected and whose ownership cannot be determined.
Police Chief Col. W. Scott McLaren said in a statement Tuesday that the auction will be held on Feb. 25 in Hockessin. He says people who filed a report with police but never had stolen or missing property returned are urged to view the items scheduled for auction during a preview scheduled for Feb. 24.
He adds that any items will immediately be removed from the planned auction if those who show up the day before can identify the property and provide a police case number. But he says police would need to verify ownership before handing over any items.
police, wilmington, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 9 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
21 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
3 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos